For some reason or the other, popular Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt has always been in the news. Right from being a drug addict till being involved in the TADA case, Dutt has seen several ups and downs in his life. Soon after the Sanju trailer release on 30th may, in 2018, fans went gaga over the expert acting skills of Ranbir Kapoor who portrayed Dutt’s role so meticulously. The biopic portrays Dutt’s life right from the time of the inception of his first film till his release from the Yeravada jail in the year 2016.
Top 10 Facts about Sanju Movie
Here are the top 10 facts about Sanjay Dutt’s life that was well portrayed in the movie. You can also consider these facts to be the developments in Dutt’s life right from the time of his mother’s death till his release from the jail in the year 2016:
- The first thing that was shown in the movie was how Sanju a young rebel, a rich spoil star kid becomes a drug addict under bad influence. The drug intake gets increased soon after his mother Nargis’ death in the year 1981. Because of this reason, Dutt was sent to a rehab center in Texas, the US by his father Sunil Dutt. Nargis died few days before the release of Dutt’s first movie ‘Rocky’. This left him heartbroken and also a drug addict.
- Next phase of his life was the 1993 Mumbai blasts. He was under the possession of a rifle and pistol which were a part of the consignment that was brought to India for coordinating the blast. He was convicted for the possession of arms. From the year 1993 to 2006, Dutt’s life was overshadowed by his court and jail visits.
- Sanjay’s personal has also been in a great turmoil. His first love Tina Munim left him owing to his drug habits. After Munim, Dutt married thrice. First, he married Richa Sharma, a budding actress with whom he has a daughter Trishala. The marriage was short- lived as Richa succumbed to a brain Next, he got married to the socialite Rhea Pillai, but they separated in the year 2005. Lastly, he married Manyata who is a small time actress in the year 2008.
- It is Manyata who has been his support system during the bad phase of his life. However, the movie doesn’t show Dutt’s personal life in great details.
- The movie also showed the bonding with his sisters and father who stood by him throughout his life.
- He also ventured into politics by contesting for 2009 Lok Sabha Elections, but the Supreme Court refused to accept his candidacy because of his involvement in the Mumbai blast case.
- Dutt came back to his popularity with the release of Munnabhai MBBS in the year 2007. The movie proved to be very lucky for him as it earned critical appreciation and huge commercial success.
- The film also showed his connection with the underworld.
- On 31st July 2007, Dutt was sentenced for serving 6 years of imprisonment by the TADA court for illegal arms possession.
- In jail, he served as Radio Jockey for the jail inmates. Owing to his good conduct and behavior, he was finally released on 25th February
These were the top facts about Dutt’s life. Being controversy’s favorite child, Dutt has been under several trials and tribulations which have been portrayed dramatically in Rajkumar Hirani’s movie ‘Sanju’. Sanju movie cast includes the team of talented Bollywood actors including Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Sonam Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, Manisha Koirala, Vicky Kaushal, Dia Mirza. Actor Ranbir Kapoor has played the role of Sanjay Dutt really very well with his prowess acting. Kapoor has been widely appreciated for playing Dutt’s role so dedicatedly and meticulously.
The movie managed to earn INR 34.75 crores on the very first day of his release with millions of fans thronging to the theaters. Although the movie is stated to be a box office hit, there were few facts that weren’t disclosed. For instance, Dutt’s affair with famous Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit, his first two marriages, his involvement in politics and few other details, remain undisclosed in the movie. Whatever be the reason, the movie managed to gain the attention of Sanju Baba’s fans by portraying the main incidences of his life, especially focusing on his hardships.
Well, this was all about Dutt’s life and the movie. Hoped you liked the review and if you haven’t watched the movie yet, then you should definitely book your seats right away and get enthralled with the emotional roller coaster life of Sanjay Dutt.