Salman Khan is a prominent Indian actor, producer, and a great TV show host. He is highly revered because of his acts of charity. Also, he is the proud owner of a fashion brand – Being Human. His life has been full of glamour and controversies.
Currently followed by 34.2 million fans on Instagram, Sallu Bhai made his debut in 1988 as a supporting actor in Biwi Ho To Aisi. To date, he has starred in over 71 movies having a record of both hits and flops on the box office.
Let’s have a look at Salman Khan movies list to remember his career graph till now.
Table of Contents
Salman Khan first movie:
Salman’s debut in Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988) was a flop show followed by an all-time blockbuster Maine Pyaar Kiya(1989).
Slowly, gaining fame, he gave another hit in 1990 starring in Baaghi.
Salman Khan movies list for the year 1991-1995:
Although Khan entered Bollywood on a great note, the time period between 1991-1995 was a little worrisome for the actor. He did around fourteen movies in this timeline and experienced back to back flops with one major all-time hit on the box office.
• Sanam Bewafa(1991) was a remake of a Pakistani movie. The movie fetched 5.75 crores and became a super hit.• Patthar Ke Phool(1991), a Bollywood romance was a hit at the box office earning 12.1 crores.
• Kurbaan(1991): This was the first major flop as a lead actor for Khan, yielding merely 1.8 crores.
• Saajan(1991), a love triangle story, the movie turned out to be a super hit with a profit of 5.75 crores.
• Love(1991), Suryavanshi(1992), Ek Ladka Ek Ladki(1992), Jaagruti(1992), Dil Tera Aashique(1994), Andaaz Apna Apna(1994): Salman experienced major flops consecutively for these movies. These three years were a downward trend for the actor.
• Hum Aapke Hain Kaun(1994), This all-time blockbuster grossing to 69.75 crores is still a favourite among his fans.
• Chand Ka Tukda(1994): This one, too, was not able to create an impact among the audience.
• Karan Arjun(1995), again a blockbuster with a total of 32.15 crores at the box office. Also, he got nominated as the best actor of the year for this movie.
• Veergati(1995) is among the list of his flops earning 6.2 crores.
Like any other human being, Khan’s career has also experienced ups and downs with a flop after a blockbuster.
Salman Khan movies list 1996-2000:
- Jeet(1996), Judwa(1997); grossing to approximately 17 crores each, both these movies were a hit with amazing songs which are still cherished.
- Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya(1998), Bandhan(1998); both were hit and earned nearly 15 crores each.
- Kuch Kuch Hota hai(1998), this all-time blockbuster won Salman Best the award of Supporting Actor.
- Biwi No.1(1999), Hum dil de chuke sanam(1999), Hum sath sath hain(1999); A series of popular hits came to Salman, earning around 25 crores each.
There are many other movies that he had done during this phase. But those could not do well at the box office.
Salman Khan list of movies 2001-2005:
• Chori Chori Chupke Chupke(2001), Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge(2002), Yeh Hai Jalwa(2002), Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam (2002), Tere Naam(2003); A series of flops for three years earning approximately 12 crores each.
• Baghban(2003), Garv(2004), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi(2003); These romantic movie dramas are still a favourite among his fans.
• Phir Milenge(2004), Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha(2004), Lucky No Time For Love(2005); These three came as flops earning an average of 15 crores each.
• Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya(2005), No Entry(2005), earning about 80 crores in total- these two movies are one of his best super hits.
• Kyunki(2005), a flop show with the earning of 13 crores at the box office.
Salman Khan list of movies 2006-2010:
• Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar(2006), Jaan-E-Mann(2006), Baabul(2006), Marigold(2007), Saawariya(2007), God Tussi Great Ho(2008), Hello(2008), Heroes(2008), Yuvvraaj(2008), Main Aur Mrs Khanna(2008), London Dreams(2008), Veer(2008): while Salman was experiencing a series of serious flops, he was gaining fame through the reality TV shows he was hosting during this time.
• Partner(2007), wanted(2009): During his reality show hosting phase, came these two movies which were super hits, crashing the box office with 62 crores each.
• Dabang(2010): Smashing the box office with the jaw-dropping 141crores, this is an all-time blockbuster by Khan.
Salman Khan movies list 2011-2017:
• Ready(2011), Bodyguard(2012), Dabang 2(2012), Jai Ho(2014), Kick(2014), Bajrangi Bhaijaan(2015), Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo(2015): During this entire timeline of five years Salman gave a fantastic performance with a mix of super hits and all-time blockbusters. These movies crossed all the records grossing to 320 crores. Sultan(2016), Tubelight(2017), Tiger Zinda hai 2(2017), have been a mix of hits and flops.
Salman Khan movies 2018:
• Race 3 (2018) crashed badly in the box office. Even his ardent fans could not defend his poor acting, awful lyrics, and flop story of the movie.
Salman Khan movies 2019:
Bharat(2019), Dabang 3(2019): These are again serious hits on the box office. Salman experimented with his looks, style, and acting skills and came out quite successful.
Salman’s upcoming movie in 2020:
• Radhe(2020): An action and adventure film is all set to be released after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Salman Bhai is known for his humble and humane nature. His huge fandom goes gaga over all his movies. His atypical dance moves, poise, sense of humour and dialogues are immensely popular among the movie buffs. Whenever you are feeling low, all you need to do is to watch a Salman movie, and your mood will change for the better. Eagerly waiting for the theatres and multiplexes to open up so that we can enjoy Radhe on the big screen.