Natural Home Remedies to Cure Asthma | Top 5 Home Remedies
Our environment is getting polluted day by day, which is the direct cause of many diseases spreading across the globe. Asthma is one of the many diseases caused by air pollution.
Asthma, as we all know, is a disease which causes shortness of breath and pain in chest accompanied by a cough. It is a condition in which the air canals become narrower obstructing the flow of air causing difficulty in breathing and also triggers coughing and wheezing.
There are many medical treatments for asthma and there are also natural home remedies to control the symptoms of asthma. It’s always better to go with natural remedies instead of the artificial ones.
Natural home remedies such as ginger, mustard, prove to be really helpful. The home remedies discussed in this article are really easy to find and are available in almost every kitchen.
5 Home remedies for asthma:
- Ginger is considered a well-known treatment for asthma. Over years ginger has helped to heal the inflammation in breathing and clearing the airway for clear breathing.
- Cut ginger into small pieces and boil them for 5 minutes in high flame. Let the water cool down, and then drink the boiled water.
- Mix ginger juice and honey in 1:1 ratio. Stir it well and drink it.
- Chop gingers and mix it with Stir well and drink before bedtime.
- Garlic is also one of the popular asthma remedies and can clear the congestion in lungs and particularly helpful in the early stages of asthma.
- Take two garlic cloves. Smash them with the flat end of the knife. Mix it with a cup of boiling milk. Drink twice a day.
- Honey is also well known for its ability to reduce the symptoms of asthma
- For some patients, only the smell of honey is enough to reduce the shortness of
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with lukewarm water. Drink thrice a day.
- Before bed take one tablespoon of honey. This will clear the throat and also reduce the congestion in air canal.
- Swallowing raw onion directly is also known to reduce the problem of asthma. It clears the throat and also makes it easier to breathe.
- Lemon is well known for its healing properties too.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and mix with water and drink directly every morning.
It’s better to identify the symptoms of asthma in the early stages itself and take precautionary measures to avoid maximum suffering. As the proverb goes, “prevention is better than cure”.
Patients suffering from asthma have low levels of vitamin C, so good care must be taken to ensure that the patient’s diet contains fruits and veggies which are rich in vitamin C. Dairy products should be cut from the patient’s diet.
Natural home remedies for asthma can help cure patients more efficiently and must be used as much as possible over artificial medications.