Men generally love grooming their beards and moustache. But when it comes to a proper hair care routine, they generally shy away, thinking of it as a “ladies only” requirement. But this grave mistake can result in severe consequences – hair breakage, premature baldness, dandruff and much more. Men too, definitely, should spend some time following a hair care routine. We are here with some of the best hair care tips for men. If you want to flaunt those luscious locks, then following these tips and tricks will be of great help.
Hair Care Tips for Men
It is surprising how hair being practically made of dead cells require so much care. You cannot afford to carelessly treat your hair, as it will get damaged and become dull. The root is what needs maintenance and nutrition. Here are some hair care tips for men that you need to follow –
- Dry Your Hair Properly – Your hair is more likely to get damaged when it is wet. Thus you have to give up the habit of drying up your hair just the moment you step out of the shower. Don’t rub your hair in a towel, the right way will be to pat dry your hair, and when you are using a blow-dry, use the lowest heat.
- Don’t Comb Your Hair Over and Over – Combing your hair may give you an excellent result. It improves the blood circulation of the scalp, but combing your hair too many times can result in hair fall. Whenever you are combing your hair, the hair strands get pulled. This results in the breakage of your hair.
- Don’t Apply Too Many Products – You would have to use products to take care of your hair. But, applying too much hair product can cost you hair damage. It might even make your hair look unnatural and dull. This is why you need to apply only the amount that you need, don’t apply the excess product. Prolong use of various products can have an adverse result on your hair.
- Use Heat Carefully – You do not need anyone to tell you how dangerous heat is to our hair and scalp. It can severely damage your hair. You need to use products before applying heat to your scalp. You will also need to be careful while getting a hot shower, use oils in such cases. It is best to air-dry your hair then use a blow dryer.
- Avoid Wearing Tight Head Gears – You might be fond of hats or caps. But it is better not to wear it frequently. You also might not want to use a tight hat that sits tightly on your head. This can damage your hair. Wear a hat that is loose on your head. Try not to wear caps or hats frequently.
- Wash Your Hair the Proper Way – Many of us have this misconception that washing your hair is to shampoo it. But, no it is completely wrong you can even rinse your hair then apply the shampoo. Try not to wash your hair with shampoo again and again. The harsh chemicals can cause severe damage to your hair. It can also make your hair look dry.
- Avoid Going in The Sun Too Much – The UV rays of the sun can cause severe damage to your hair. Yes you read that right, it is just not bad for your skin but your hair as well. You can use products that are meant to protect your hair from the harmful rays of the sun. There are serums, creams, conditioners, and even shampoos.
- Avoid Chlorine to Come in Contact with Your Hair – The swimming pools which we love to take a dip in having the harmful chemical – chlorine. It can be detrimental to your hair which is why you need to protect your scalp and hair from chlorine. If you are going to take a dip in the swimming pool, wear a cap, apply conditioner on wet hair or just wet your hair.
Hair Growth Tips for Men
If you are naturally endowed with luscious hair, or are experiencing hair fall and want to re-grow your hair back, then follow these useful hacks:
- Make oiling a regular habit: Try coconut, neem, almond or olive oil on your scalp. These will help in bringing down your hair fall level and result in hair growth.
- Stress is your biggest enemy: Avoid stressing it out and relax by indulging in meditation, yoga, music etc.
- Egg mask to the rescue: Mix the egg white with a spoonful of olive oil and two spoons of curd. Use this hair pack and leave it for half an hour. Then wash it off using water and shampoo.
How to Reduce Hair Loss Male?
Hair loss is not just a girly problem. Men to experience loss of follicles. Follow the below-given tricks to prevent excessive hair loss:
- Vitamin and protein supplements: If you are not getting enough of vitamin E, B and proteins from your diet, try taking supplements. These will curb down your hair loss to a great extent.
- Massage your scalp with oil: Massage essential oils on your scalp to make your hair follicles active and promote blood flow.
- Natural remedies to the rescue: Go natural and squeeze the juice of onion or garlic on your scalp and hair. You can leave it there overnight and wash it off the next morning.
- Styling wet hair is a big no: Always avoid brushing your wet hair as this will damage the hair follicles. Instead, air dry your hair and then comb them.
- Avoid excessive usage of hair gel: Hair gels contain harmful chemicals which, when used on a regular basis in large quantity, can make your hair brittle. Style your hair paraben-free hair gels.
Hairstyle Tips for Men
If you follow all these tips and tricks stringently, then you will, for sure, get thick, luscious mane. Now comes the styling part. Want some styling tips? Read on!
- Want a messy hair I don’t care look? Go for paste or clay-based products. Also, if you are using a hair gel or cream, your hair should be towel dried, not completely dry. Always take a dollop of the gel or cream, rub it up between your arms and then work through your hair.
- Never forget to use a conditioner after you wash your hair with a shampoo. This will lock the moisture content of your hair and give a good structure to your hair.
- Try a blow dryer and comb to bring out the natural volume of your hair. You should keep combing your hair in the upwards direction. Keep using the blow dryer simultaneously. This will give you the much-needed volume to your locks.
- Keep experimenting with different hair styling products till the time you find the one that actually caters to your needs and fall within your budget.
- Always keep your hair trimmed. Untrimmed hair looks messy, unmaintained and leads to issues like hair fall and split ends. They totally ruin your look.
Summer Hair Care Routine
Since it is the summertime, we will tell you exactly how to care for your hair and protect them from the scorching heat and excessive sweat. Let’s begin!
- Wash hair every day to keep dandruff at bay: Summers are hot and sweaty! Moreover, when you are bustling through the city, exposed to the heat and pollution, your hair becomes vulnerable to grime and stickiness. An oily scalp can lead to dandruff, smelly hair and hair fall. Therefore, wash your hair every day and keep your scalp clean and grease-free.
- Protect your hair from direct sunlight: Just protecting your face and arms is not enough. Rather, protect your hair and scalp from the sweltering heat and direct sunlight. Wear a cap or hat to give ample protection to your hair and scalp.
- Maintain a short, clean hair cut: It is advisable that you keep your hair short to reduce the level of sweat and sebum production from the scalp.
- Put your hair up (for those with long mane): If you have a long or middle length hairstyle, then it is better to put them up in a man bun. Or you can even try the samurai ban style.
Hope you find these hair care tips for men quite helpful.